Welcome to Top Secret Spartans
Who Are We?
Top Secret Spartans is part of the Massachusetts Science Center Corporation, a non profit organization, which was organized in 1995. Since that time the MSSC has been educating and entertaining children all around the world. We started with Top Secret Science and now have 250 affiliates in over 20 countries which have worked with over 40 million children. We offer numerous low cost and high value opportunities to support our mission of providing fantastic hands-on educational programs to children of all ages. Overall, we work with over 1,000 local children in the Boston area each week. In 2008 we added Top Secret Chefs and in 2017 we added Top Secret Spartans.
Fitness for Life
It’s our motto and should be yours too! Are you looking for something new and fun to get your kids moving? Do you want to provide educational opportunities where they can learn about their fitness and health? Then Top Secret Spartans is what you’re looking for!
Our youth fitness/wellness programs promote healthy choices and active lifestyles by combining PLAY, (think games, fitness activities, and fun movement) with EDUCATION. Each class will vary in games and activities to keep kids engaged and excited. The class is designed and led by certified instructors who are trained to customize programs, teach lessons, work with K-8 students, and encourage collaboration among all participants. Our program is designed to improve their strength endurance, cardiorespiratory fitness, athletic abilities and overall wellbeing. Our goal is to create POSITIVE & FUN learning experiences so kids walk away feeling their best – motivated and confident in their ability to move, build healthy habits, and take charge of their health.
Only 20% of children are physically active each day
Do you know who invented the Jumping Jack or the Burpee?
Childhood obesity and the lack of physical activity have reached epidemic proportions in the United States. Here are some facts:
- The adult obesity rate has increased from 30% to 40% in just 20 years.
- Overweight teens have a 70% chance of becoming overweight or obese adults.
- Obesity is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and early death and the yearly cost in the United States is over $200 billion dollars.
- Only 4% of elementary, 8% of middle, and 2% of high schools provide daily physical education or its equivalent for the entire school year and 22% of schools do not require students to take any physical education at all.
- Only 27% of schools require health education in grade six, 10% in grade nine, and 2% in grade 12. Children are not receiving comprehensive education on living a healthy life.
Why choose Top Secret Spartans?
We want to make fitness and health education as fun and easy as possible and create solutions to the above problems for both kids and their parents. We recognize that each school/organization have different needs, goals, and resources. One size does not fit all when it comes to health and we believe the same for our program. Whether you are looking for weekly classes or a one-day workshop, we will personally work with you to develop the optimal program for your school/organization. We treat each program with individual attention and customize our session to fit your situation in the following ways:
General Class/Workshop Structure